What is a CPC?
A Certified Practising Celebrant (CPC) is a ceremonial and business professional who has met and maintains a high professional standard of competency.
It provides people in the community hiring a professional to understand the higher level of skills and knowledge that the CPC has attained, and continues to develop.
Why become a CPC?
- As a CPC you are distinguished as a professional in the field of celebrancy. A CPC is a person of integrity and professional competency.
- CPC is the only peak professional benchmark of its kind for celebrants.
- CPCs are required to undertake professional development above base line requirements annually to keep their knowledge and skills current to maintain the certification of CPC.
- Once you have obtained the CPC certification you can then share your achievement in marketing and be seen on the CPC Member Directory for people seeking a professional celebrant.
benefits of being a cpc?
- Professional development for authorised marriage celebrants is included
- Access to Masterclasses – including Cert IV units (funeral)
- Use of postnominals CPC, or CPC Associate
- Member directory online
- Exclusive member events for learning and fun
- Networking with professional colleagues
- Resources to assist your professional practice
- Support to assist you and your business to grow
- Closed Facebook forum
- Participate in a CPC charitable cause each year
Contributing To our community
Originally the government when appointing celebrants had in their requirements that a marriage celebrant show their community standing, which was demonstrated by their occupation, interests, and/or their voluntary support. We uphold the importance of social connection to our communities.
As ceremony guides for our community we take pride in working closely with couples and/or families to combine our knowledge of the value and beauty of ceremony design with listening to what is the hearts, hopes and dreams of our clients. Ceremonies are essential in our community to mark life’s transitional moments. It is through ritual that we build family and community. Certified Practising Celebrants understand the diversity of people in their community and how to assist to bring the beauty of beliefs, traditions, culture, and spirituality into meaningful ceremony.
Each member of CPC will be required to participate in an event to assist one national allocated charity per year.